Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.~Meryl Streep

Motherhood has a very humanizing effect.  Everything gets reduced to essentials.~Meryl Streep

Friday, May 29, 2009

Congestion During Pregnancy

OK, now I'm sure I am not the only pregnant woman out there that is/has/or will suffer from congestion during pregnancy! Thanks to our wonderful hormones kicking in full swing the nasal passages swell and make it difficult to breath.

After several sleepless nights I went on to search for my own holistic remedy. One drug-free method I found are Breathe Right strips. I've worn them at night and even though it doesn't clear the nose, it makes breathing easier by slightly opening up the nasal passages. Some other methods I found include:

  • Saline Nasal Spray.
  • Humidifier.
  • Boil water than place a towel over your head and lean over the bowl of water for 20 minutes.
  • Rub your tongue on the roof of your mouth and rub between your eyebrows at the same time. Yes this one seems strange, but when you are desperate you'll try anything!

If anyone has tried other holistic methods and they have worked, leave a comment to let me know. I would like to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment