Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.~Meryl Streep

Motherhood has a very humanizing effect.  Everything gets reduced to essentials.~Meryl Streep

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Making Baby Food

It may seem impossible, but it not as difficult and time consuming as you may think. By preparing bulk food a couple times a week or even once a month, your overall food prep time will be cut to only a few minutes per serving. I started making, prepping, and freezing Alexis's food when she was 6 months of age. It has saved me time in the long run and she doesn't have to wait for her food. We all know how impatient babies are when they want to eat! You just need to take it out of the freezer and thaw...it's that simple.

What I love the most about making my own baby food is that I know exactly what is in it and that my baby is getting all the nutrients she needs. You also can't beat price per ounce when making your own vs. store bought. Tools you need to make your own baby food are:
  • Blender or Food processor
  • Small Tupperware for storage
  • Ice Cube trays for storage
  • Zip Lock bags to store frozen food cubes
This website http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ is a resource I used on a weekly basis. Here you will find baby food recipes, tips for cooking and preparing baby food, and what foods are safe to introduce and when. I'm telling you this was my bible for making Alexis's food! It's so easy...if I can do it so can you!

No comments:

Post a Comment